Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Lesson to Learn ;)


This was the fastest layout I've ever done. I wanted to focus it on the story and not on the "looks". To be honest this is *not* one of my favorite layouts BUT it is one of my favorite journaling/notes I've done. See, Cristian needed to learn a (very important) lesson and after praying and talking A LOT to him he seems to be getting it now. In fact, a few days ago he comes out of the blue to tell me, "Mama, I understand now. Thank you." It felt so good and I wanted to put all these thoughts and the big lesson fast on a layout so that I wouldn't forget anything. And of course the journaling is on the back of the page. I am not sure if you know but I have been writing long notes/letters in the back of my layouts for yearssssss. I like it this way because I can write all I want without ever running out of space. Have fun. PS I'll be back soon to show you a Penny Black stamp haul. YUMMY!

   


Lesson for you: Do not feel you have to write all your journaling on the front of the page. If you can not fit it all USE THE BACK and journal away! 


**Recipe for Jen**


Salmon Steaks with Hoisin Glaze  by Martha Stewart (OF COURSE!) 
Prep time: 5 min    Total time: 18 hours...just kidding! HA!


1 tb fresh orange juice
2 tb hoisin sauce 
2 tsp honey
4 salmon steaks (each 8 to 10 oz and 1 in thick)  *or you can just put that whole baby in the oven and pray ahahahahah*
Coarse salt & fresh ground pepper


1- Heat the broiler. In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, hoisin sauce & honey to make the glaze.


2- Rinse the salmon steaks, and pat dry.
Season both sides with salt n pepper.
Place the steaks on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush generously with the glaze.  (at this point is where I usually make a "2nd badge" or more glaze ahahahahah)


3- Broil the salmon about 4 inches from the heat source, basting once, until opaque in the center, 10 to 13 minutes. 


YUMMY!!!


8 comments:

The6ofusinca said...

My feelings are that scrapbooking should focus on the journaling, so the pictures and embellishments would just be the highlights around that story. Know what I mean?
I love this layout? I adore Cristian, He will be a strong believer and will bring many to our Lord, because you two are praying with him and showing him the way!!! Yeay for our strong young believers!!!
And yes, I adore you journal your heart out on the back- Kudos to you Dayi for whippin this layout out- looks fab!!!!
Blessings always,
Jen

The6ofusinca said...

oops, my bad, didn't mean to put a QUESTION MARK that I loved the layout! haha! I meant exclamation mark it baby!!!! hehehe!!!

Dayami said...

What do you mean, I love this layout??? hahahahahahahaah You are the best, Jen!!!!

Absolutely, my sweets! Journaling its very important. And my little ham Cristian is doing so good, he LOVES Jesus and you should see him talk (actually, teaching me) about the Bible. Math & Bible are his favorite subjects. And AMEN to Cristian bringing people to Christ!!! AMEN AMEN and AMEN!!!!!!!
HUGS :)

Dayami said...

BTW I hadnt seen your site with the new character!!! Maybe its not new but its soooo cute!!! Love love love it!
Grabbing your button :)

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

Oh Dayami, your fast layouts are as beautiful as the one's that take you hours. It's just that you have a way with your layouts that show you put your heart into each one with pictures and journaling. Thank you so much for your tip on writing on the back, It's a great idea and I'm going to make use of it. Hugs and God bless.

The6ofusinca said...

well HELLO again! hahah!
Thank you for coming by my blog Dayi!
I would love that salmon recipe!!!
My guy LOVES to fish for salmon that's one reason we can't ever move to the east coast...."unless the salmon start to migrate there"..hahah!!

We gotta keep talking about the Lord!!! my friend Mary can walk into a room and know who's saved and who's not. Now that's being anointed!!! :O)
Prayer prayer prayer! So so so important! He hearts it all, and He loves us so much!!!
Pray for the 7 Pillars:
Government
Military
Media
Business
education
church
family

so send me that recipe sister!! my taste buds are ready for it!!!
:O)
xoxo
Jen

Dayami said...

Eve! I'm glad you liked it and yes, definitely start journaling in the back! You'll love it.
I like to tell all the story and put lots of details cause lets face it, I already forget things so imagine if 10 years, ha! So write away!

Jen! thats awesome about your friend. And yes, we have to pray for this world, its upside down but it will be upright sooner than we think :)
I posted the recipe on this post. Hope you like it :)
hugs :)

Arlene said...

I love your layout. I know how you feel but I agree the journaling is so much more important :) Can't wait to see you haul!