Saturday, May 19, 2012

I'm SEW happy!

Okay, so I have been for a while wanting to make a doll or a plush for Mia. I have been looking at a few things here and there but I have not had the time to commit to it. I know that anyone with a little sewing experience can whip these in no time but I have never done something like this and the other problem is: Reading Instructions. Blah! You just dont understand what it is for me to follow written instructions. All I see is Chinese doodles! ha! But I have decided that I will give this a try and I did it. I purchased this super cute bunny pattern. I am now in the process of finding some fabrics that match her room. I am loving a few companies. So lets see. 
(I also want to purchase a lunch bag pattern for school next year, yes, she is starting pre-k3!)  
And speaking of room, look at the hangers I got for her pretty dresses :)

Have a wonderful weekend and don't forget: Jesus LOVES you!!!!

4 comments:

Louise B said...

Good luck with the doll and the hangers are so pretty.

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

That bunny is super cute and the hanger is so precious all beaded up. McCalls pattern company used to have such beautiful doll and animal patterns long ago. I used to make my daughter dolls out of fabric when she was little. Hugs and God bless!

The6ofusinca said...

I'm not a doll maker but darn, that's a cutie pie!!
Say a few prayers before you start- ask for patience, understanding and guidance! He's good like that ! :O)
Love that hanger, I would like a closet full please! hehe!
Have a blessed weekend!
xoxo
Jen

Arlene said...

Can't wait to see the doll! Very courageous of you to step outside of the box and try to make this...I am sure you will do a fantastic job! :) Love the hanger, it's super cute.