Monday, March 19, 2012

Amazing experience!

Hello! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We did too :)  My son and I went to volunteer for FMSC (feed my starving children). It's a Christian non-profit organization. It was an amazing experience. What a privilege, honor and blessing to be able to be part of this wonderful ministry. We met at a Christian school next to my son's school. They had it going on from Fri-Sun. The shifts were only 2 hours. When I say 2 hours I really mean 2 hours, not a minute more. We went from 9-11am. We needed to pack and seal small pouches (like ziploc bags) with chicken, vegetables, soy & rice (in that order) to be able to send them to children all over the world. All it needs is boiling water when it arrives the destination. This weekend's boxes were going to Nicaragua. 18,000 kids die EVERY DAY because of starvation and its just amazing how the scientist worked together to develop this formula to give these children the necessary nutrients they need to grow. 
Now (in 2 hours) here are the #'s:
Goal: 180 boxes OUR TOTAL: 199!!! woohooo
Serving:  117 kids
Meals packed: 42,984!!!!!!!!
These 117 kids will have food for A WHOLE YEAR!!! 
I MADE THE LAST POUCH :)





To say I cried its an understatement :) I was so happy. It was amazing. The part I loved was when we prayed over the boxes for a safe flight, for the kids, for their healing, for them to come learn about Jesus and come to Christ. It was awesome!!! Here are some pics. Cristian did such a great job. He was really nervous at the beginning. He was in charge of opening the bags, placing them in the funnel and putting it on the scale. His joy and happiness was contagious :)  So here are some pics for you :)

And here is *another* video for your amusement, ha! No, this one is actually a serious one, cua cua cua! Hope you like :)
Have a wonderful, blessed week everyone!
Hugs :)



7 comments:

cutiephinphin said...

Lovely LO!

Teri Berrios said...

Oh my friend....what a blessing!!! Your kids are very lucky to have you and Rey at parents. May God bless you, your family and your home FOREVER!!

Your layout is so beautiful. I love the "favorites" topic you chose! Your production was so cute...I giggled so much!!

Bueno my friend...I LOVE YOU!!! Chit chat soon.

Hugs, T

Dayami said...

HollyWOULD Production here I come ahahahhahhahahah I love you!

Thank you, cutie!

The6ofusinca said...

I think I would have cried the whole time! hehe! I got glory bumps reading your post about saving God's children. What a beautiful way to help!!!

Thank you Jesus!!
xoxo
Jen
PS. I love your new video! Keep 'em coming Dayami!!! They make me smile and I always walk away with a new technique to try!!!wuuuuwho!!!

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

Dayami! really, do you want me to go pick up my child from school with tears streaming down my face all week. LOL, Well that is what is going to happen if you keep posting the charity work you and Christian do (God bless that handsome boy). All kidding aside, I have to tell you that was so beautiful of you both to do and share with us, you have so much love in your heart not only for your children but for the children of the world. I am very sentimental when it comes to children because they are so vulnerable. Keep doing Gods work and continue to share with us. God bless you and your family always.

Arlene said...

What an amazing experience this most have been for your son. Your layout is absolutely beautiful. :)

Evelyn R Stamperly said...

That's a wonderful experiance for a child his age to learn what others childrend goes through. That's a bless. My olderest grand child Alexis want ot donate all her cloths,and old games, and I feel so good to hear her say that on her own. Bless our children
Evelyn