Sunday, February 5, 2012

Haul Pics & Sympathy card


Hello Sunday! I created last night a sympathy card for a friend/family. My hubby loved it! I must admit I like it a lot. I wanted to use my Friendship Jar & Fillers set from PTI. I am loving playing with them. 
I used my Neenah Solar White cs for the base of my card. I stamped everything with Memento tuxedo black ink because I was going to use my Copics to color the bouquet. I made a video of this and some time this year (ha!) it'll post on youtube (i'll put it here too) after my internet provider decides to fix the outage (please Jesus, bring Uverse to my area, please!!!!). Since I have no idea how to color flowers (or anything) I googled violet bouquet pictures and I saw something that looked very similar to my stamp and went from there. This flower stamp didnt come with stems so I stamped the stems from another set of the Jars & Fillers. Now that I see it on the picture it would have been perfectly fine to leave it without the stems but I had already stamped the water so it looked weird to me without the stems. On the inside of the card I stamped a bible verse from the Beautiful Blessings set also from PTI. I have a feeling Im going to use this set A LOT!
http://youtu.be/NoUiufTvTzQ

(click above for how to video)








Here are some of the things I received from both PTI & 2Peas. 
I'm not finished yet with the frame project I'm creating but I'll post it soon. 
This weekend coming up I have a 4 Day hubby & wife only and I am soo excited about that! This is a very first for us since I had my son 9.5 years ago, I think it's time, dont you? ha!
Happy Sunday!!!




9 comments:

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

Dayami, I LOVE that bible verse and the card is just beautiful. I have seen some of the digi stamps, you color with your copics and they always look great! If you want a good laugh, head on over to my blog when I post some of my color digis( copics are hard to learn).I see all your goodies,they sure look yummy. I wish you and your hubby a wonderful 4 days together(I'll say its about time) Hugs and God bless

DomesticDiva said...

Dayi, your card is just beautiful! I am certain it will definitely brighten your friends day. I love all the goodies & I can't wait to see the amazing things you create with them! That is so wonderful you get 4 days with just you & your hubby. I think that is very important for everyone to do.. After 9.5 years I think you have earned it Lol! I hope you are having a great Sunday & that God blesses you in the upcoming week. You are the best! Love you! Xoxo ~Lori~

Teri Berrios said...

This card is GORGEOUS!!! Your coloring turned out amazing my friend. Great goodies from PTI and 2 peas. You guys are going to have such a blessed weekend...enjoy my friend!! Hugs, T

Charlene said...

what a gorgeous card Dayami!! It's so perfect!

The6ofusinca said...

I just have to tell you when I click on your blog to see your new posts my heart just gets soooo happy to see your happy colors, your awesome work and your yummy hauls!!
Thank you for always being a bright spot for me!
Blessings Always,
xoxoxoxo
Jen

Dayami said...

Thank you to all my sweets for such beautiful comments!!! You have no idea how happy my heart gets! Sending you all hugs and God's blessings your way :)
xoxo

Staying Crafty said...

This is absolutely breath taking! Gorgeous work! Enjoy your time with your hubby :)

The6ofusinca said...

I have a question Dayami, who makes the clear stamp block you use that has a handle on it in your youtube tutorial?
xoxo
Jen

Dayami said...

Jen the acrylic block w handle is from Martha Stewart. Im not sure if its still available in Michaels but you can try Ebay.
Thanks for all the sweet words, ladies :)
God bless!