Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy LOVE month!

(my border is inspired by Nichol's school layout)
I added a thin strip above the XOXO border


Here is my 1st "valentine" layout of the month. I plan on making a few with my new kit from MME. I love the colors! I used some cuts from the Silhouette store too. I am totally obsessed with it. I bought quite a collection of Valentine cuts this month :)
I (of course) used another photo template/collage from Kerri Bradford. Yes, *also* obsessed with these. I remember years ago I would create this in Photoshop myself but Kerri's are done for you, they are inexpensive and the collages are just a click (and drag) away :) 
This week I re-organized some things in my room, got rid of some jars (yes, I still have some, ha!) and I solved the issue I had on how to organize my die cuts & stickers in a more convenient way for my scrapbooking style. So I purchased some boxes from Joann's and I think this is the best system for me... at least for now 'cause I might come back in 6 months and tell you this new system didn't work and I have a newer one, ha!
I am working on 2 other layouts. This little sneak peek was in my camera so I uploaded here to show you. The other layout is also about my daughter's Ni-Hao, Kai- Lan/Chinese birthday party and I plan on using some super cute Chinese theme from Little Yellow Bicycle.  

The Dear Lizzie fabric papers from American Crafts shown on the picture is for *another* project I am doing. It's a frame. I'll show you that this weekend when I finish. 


Have a wonderful (long for me) weekend! Don't forget to kiss & hug your loved ones and stay creative!


8 comments:

Teri Berrios said...

I'm speechless my friend.....this layout is my FAVORITE!!! Love that paper, the pictures/storyboard are to die for, the title SHHHELLLOOO BEAUTIFUL!! You totally ROCKED this one girlie!! Hugs, T

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

WOW, where do I begin, your layouts get more beautiful with each posting. Loving the storyboards and hoping I can do some. You and your family are just amazing, it goes to show with God anything is possible. Dayami (please) if you can I need information on a Mac verses a windows PC, Does the mac ever crash? are programs like photoshop easier? My new windows PC recently crashed and I lost thousands of stored photos along with all the memories(I was devastated).I wish you a long happy scrappy weekend.

Dayami said...

Thank you, my sweets!! for your super sweet words! Yes, we can do all things thru Christ who strengthens us. AMEN!! and Yes, storyboards make all the difference :)

Eventhmoon OMG!!! that is horrible!! I would have been the same way! Just terrible! :( Let me just put it to you this way: I would NEVER want to own a windows pc again, ever...EVER! Unless, is the company, HA! I find Mac much easier than PC by a mile, no crashes, no virus, nothing. Get a Mac when you can. You also need an external hard drive so you can store all your photos & important files (if any) in there ESPECIALLY with a PC. I store all my photos & movies in one as well, they are pretty cheap (about $100) and you can store thousands and thousands of photos.
Now the good thing is that you live and learn. Those photos may be lost but not the memories in your mind & heart. So dont get discouraged, God willing you will have again thousands and thousands of pictures nice and safe in a hd and you'll have lots of fun playing and scrapping with them.
God bless!

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

Thank you Dayami for your kind words, I won't forget memories are priceless! My son has been wanting me to get a Mac for a while now,he sees how much photo cropping and srap manipulation I do, and he says Macs are better for that. I asked you because I know you own one and could give me some infor.(Thanks! you are awesome). The colors of the layouts you posted are so pretty for this month. Your son and daughter are just to cute for words.by the way I have my stickers and scraps stored on those boxes as well, I think they are art-bins and I got them at Micheals. I was hoping to post some things this weekend but with superbowl on sunday, I might have to do it next week. Thanks for responding and I hope you have a great week end.

DomesticDiva said...

Can I just say that is the most BEAUTIFUL layout I have EVER seen!!!!!!!! I have a lot of favorites yours but this one honestly takes the cake!!!! Gorgeous is an understatement!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! Xoxo

Sherry -Aunt Elmo- said...

I love your work! I am trying so hard to find some inspiration to help get me back in the crafting mode and your Valentine layout is STUNNING!!! I LOVE it!

The6ofusinca said...

Ohhh Dayami! I love that layout and those art bins, I have several to store layouts I haven't moved into an album yet, another for WIPS- Work In Progress (layouts) and themed paperstacks and their matching embellies!
Love the sneak peak and your adorable layout!!!
xoxoxo Jen

DomesticDiva said...

Ok I'm back to this post again lol! I did my best to recreate this layout using crate paper heart collection because I loved this so much!! I'm very happy with how it turned out! Thank you!!!
Hugs, Lori