Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December Daily Day 3

Hello blog friends. Today I want to show you Day 3. I know its the 7th but I have to edit my other pics and plus I dont want to put all the days in 1 post. So anyway, here it goes.
MARK YOUR SHEET PROTECTOR
This was Saturday and we had an amazing time. The kind of Saturdays I wish I had ALL the time. Full of cheer, laughters, happy kids and awesome friends. For this day I kept the 2 page spread and I added a "pocket" in between. 
Here is how I did it so that you get a straight stitch. I got 1 of the 8x8 sheet protectors and placed it on my paper cutter. With a Sharpie, Zig, whatever you have (yes, it will get removed) I mark every inch or so down like I show here on the pic. I then zigzag stitch keeping a close eye on the marks and making sure they go straight in the middle of the foot. I do zigzag because it looks super straight when I'm done :) then I cut the excess with the paper trimmer and I am left with a super cute, straight stitched pocket. The good thing is that you can make any size or shape you want. 
CENTER THE MARKINGS TO STITCH


LEFT SIDE OF DAY 3

POCKET

BACK POCKET
I hope this inspire you to try this fun project this year or next. You still have time to make a fun project. You can maybe do 12 Days of Christmas mini album. That will be super cute too :)


Have FUN creating. Have a blessed day.
Hugs :)
RIGHT SIDE

SIMPLE EMBELLISHMENT

3 comments:

Arlene said...

You are truly inspirational! I am so tempted to start this project...scared but tempted after seeing your work. Absolutely amazing. :)

Teri Berrios said...

Absolutely amazing!!! Love the pocket and the simple embellishments. Love all your journaling too...I need to get mine DONE!! ahahahahaha Dayi that's the same stamp I was telling you about the other day...from Ali Edwards....I HAVE IT TOO :) Ali Rocks!! I totally agree that this project is so much fun. I am definitely making one every year - YAY!!! Hugs, T

Beebeebabs said...

Wow this is great you did a wonderful job tfs!!!