Monday, October 31, 2011

October 31 is here and that means...

ARE YOU READY FOR YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING?? AHAHAHAHAHAHAH aaawww I remember the days when by today I had 75% of my shopping done. HA! 

Anywhooo, I waited the whole month to blog about this. I just wanted to make sure that this feeling was real and not a one day thing. For the 1st time in my life I did not decorate for Halloween. I didn't have the desire for it either. I remember last year I had a really fun & scary setting in the front door with those blinking, blue lights and sounds of witches, my cool, scary butler (mia didnt see these things though), etc...And I remember feeling uncomfortable about it.  I didn't like to see that stuff in my house. I remember I was coming back from trick or treating with the kids and as I am approaching my house I get this yucky feeling about the whole thing. A few days before that our Pastor had come to our house to watch some basketball with hubby and I asked him about it because that weird feeling was going thru my mind and I didnt know how to handle it, after all I had always loved all holidays and loved to decorate my home. So I asked him and he said, pray about it and God will put the answer in your heart.
Well, as soon as September came I was eager to decorate my home but I wanted it different this time. I decorated it with fall/harvest decor. I came in here changed my blog to what would be the norm for me, a halloween theme and when October came I didnt care for ANY Halloween decor at all. I guess I am now really & truly aware of what it really represents. And that is what I dont like. Hubby asked me about 2 weeks ago if I was going to decorate for halloween to bring the big things from our storage unit and I said, "no, i have no desire." and he said to me, "good, cause I dont have it either." And the great thing is that Cristian is feeling the same way. 
I still find costumes fun and stuff, I still like my witch collection & my Dept 56 Halloween village but, will I ever put them up again? I dont know but what I do know is that I didn't want that in my home this year. I guess, we will see. I did buy the kiddos their costumes this year. I didn't know how I was really going to feel about it. So Mia will be a super cute Raggedy Ann Doll and Cristian a police officer, which by the way he was one of the best dressed in his school on Spirit week. And he got 1st place n field day. So cute!!!! 

For now I decided to give away my witch collection to a very special person and I'm sure he will take good care of them. 
Has that happened to you with anything, not just Halloween? 


So here are some of the things I've made this month. This 2nd card is nowhere near finished but as soon as I took this picture right before I masked the images a big wood stamp   fell on top of it ruining the card. Luckily I was able to save almost the whole card but the left part with the 1st pumpkin had to be cut. I'll do it again this week and show you on another post. Just wanted to show you the Copic coloring. 



THE GOOD THING ABOUT HAVING MY SON
IN A CLASS OF 8 STUDENTS IS THAT I COULD DO
 LOTS OF GOODIES FOR THEM IN A BREEZE. I'LL
SHOW YOU THIS FINISHED ON ANOTHER POST.

THIS IS DEFINITELY A PICTURE OF INJUSTICE!!!! 










AND THIS CARD WAS A COMPLETE LIFT. CHECK HERE.
OF COURSE HERS IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!
I **LOVE** HER!

4 comments:

Teri Berrios said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!! You already know how I feel about Halloween. I do love to hear my kids excited about their costumes and taking them trick or treating but I never decorate my house. I much rather decorate the fall/harvest theme as it’s much more warming to our heart and home :) Let’s not forget the pumpkin patch!!! We need to create that pumpkin mini album. I’m sure Mia and Cristian will look spectacular in their costumes.

I’m totally in love with your card. Your copic coloring is amazing girlie. That image of the girl on the bench is SUPER ADORABLE!!!

Chit chat SOON!!!!

Hugs, T

Sharon said...

I've never decorated for Halloween since I don't celebrate it. I don't mind the costumes that much as long as they are not scary. Emily is a ladybug this year and she looks so cute!

DomesticDiva said...

Love this Dayi! You are not alone! I have never decorated with Haloween themed anything before.. I just do Fall leave wreaths and pumpkin thingys and a turkey ha! No witches or ghost or anything like that.. We will usually go to the pumpkin patch and for trick or treating we do the harvest festival the church does every year & like the other lady I don't allow my kids to wear anything scary only like their favorite character :) So I'm sure if you follow your heart you will find your own traditions that fit your family! Honestly I would rather skip it all & go straight to Christmas hehe :))
Bigs Hugs, Lori

Dayami said...

omg I feel so normal!!! Im the same too, absolutely no scary costumes at all. Cristian always wore Disney costumes like Dash, Woody, Peter Pan, last year he was a transformer and I hated it because it was not Disney, ha! And Mia was a lady bug when she was 9 months old and last year Tinker Bell.
I feel the same Lori, I would love to skip it all and have 3 months surrounded by elves ahahahahahahahah :)