Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happy FALL!!! CANVAS TIME!


Okay, so I have been on a mini vacation since Wed. at noon because Cristian's school's teachers go on a conference and so there is no school for them. So super happy about that! I get to spend more time with my munchkins and I get to play more in my scraproom with less interruptions.

And so I decided to start the whole canvas again. Remember the Jennifer McGuire class I won thru Nichol's blog? Well, I decided to do it and finish it. I started from the 1st heart again and I finished it within 8 hours. I did follow Teri's tip to make everything out of 3x3 first and then run everything thru the Silhouette. Each of the hearts is a different technique. I played with tons of inks, perfect pearls, stamps, watercolor paper, canvas, felt, acetate, metal, paints, dies, dry & heat embossing, etc... I mean, it was just amazing. My fingers/nails are completely blue from all the different medias. I just had a great time!!!

ONE OF MY FAVORITES. CREATED W THE TIM HOLTZ
ROSETTE DIE

Here are some pics I took while in the process, this is a resist with perfect pearls and distress ink. Really cool effect.  




CRISTIAN'S OLD UNDERWEARS ARE PERFECT TO
KEEP THE CRAFT SHEET CLEAN :)

If you are not careful your acetate can curl while you are heat embossing it. This was the LAST one I had from Hero Arts but I have a box of 125 transparencies that they sell at Office Depot and it worked great. 
THIS WAS HALF WAY THRU THE PROJECT. ITS A LOT
WORSE NOW :(

This was definitely the best part because all of the techniques had been done on a 3x3 canvas/watercolor paper/Neenah white CS or glossy paper and all I had to do was cut the hearts on my Silhouette. 


And VOILA! Isn't just beautiful!!! I was really impressed with the class, PDF's & videos. Everything came out exactly as she said it would. She (Jennifer McGuire) is just amazing!!! 
I am going to put this one in my scraproom but I am creating one for Mia's room with butterflies instead of hearts andI am thinking of using Dear Lizzie fabric paper on all the butterflies. 


Hope you like it!!!! Have a great weekend!!!!
LAST ROW 2ND HEART IS MISSING A BLACK
EMBOSSED BUTTERFLY. I NEED MY FRIEND TERI.
TTTEEERRRIIIIIIIIII!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHHA

6 comments:

The6ofusinca said...

Looks PERFECT to me!!!!!!
I gotta remember the tip on using toddlers old chonies!!! ;O)

xoxox
Jen

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very pretty!

Teri Berrios said...

GREAT CANVAS AND CLASS!!!!! My friend we had so much fun making this project. I'll never forget the look on Kasi's face when she saw Cristian's dirty undies in your room...I laughed so hard!!!! hahahahahaha

YOU ROCK!!

Hugs, T

Dayami said...

Thank you, my sweets!!!

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHA MMMAAIIII FRENNNNNN I HAD TOTALLY FORGOTTEN ABOUT THAT!!!!!! YES!!! I HAVE TO ADD THAT TO THE POST!!! WE HAD A GREAT TIME CREATING THIS!!! Dont forget to post your fabulous canvas on your blog. SENKIU!!!!!

Debbie said...

LOVE this!!! It turned out so pretty, Dayami. Etsy shop item maybe? I think they'd be a great sell!

Sharon said...

Love it. The old underwear too LOL I had to do a double take when I saw that picture! LOL . Get the craft scrubbie from Ranger, you will never have to suffer with stained hands again. That thing works so wonders!