Tuesday, April 26, 2011

bad girl...GOOD GIRL!!!

Soooo this is my order confirmation of my Cricut Expression 2. Yep, this email was received at exactly 12:18am.
And you'll also see how this morning I cancelled the order via iphone.
Why you may ask? Well, I refused to be sucked into this. I just bought the green Expression 5 months ago (after donating 2 others). I understand that this new machine has 2 or 3 new cool things like the fact that you are able to use the imagine cartridges BUT here is why I know this won't work for me, I hate the screen. It's like the Gypsy. I have the Gypsy. I don't like it at all. I never ever use it. I understand the cool features and stuff but I just cannot stand the screen. So I thought this morning and I realized that I had made that purchase because I was sucked into it. Up until yesterday I was as sure as I am sitting here that I don't care for that machine. I've seen mypinkstamper's videos and I just don't like it and here I was ordering it last night. Why do we do that to ourselves? If someday I get to like the Gypsy (or even turn it on, ha!) and see that oh yes, I could love the E2 I'll give it a try but for now it's not going to happen.
With that being said if you don't own an Expression, love your Gypsy, etc.. then this is the machine for you for sure and the price is not bad considering the flex pay.
So whether you bought or not enjoy the things you have and don't let your life be consumed by *stuff*.
Hugs!!!
ps remember this is only my opinion based on my experience and life. If you bought it or have 7 Cricuts, Good for you!!!

12 comments:

Gina at Gigi's Creative Designs said...

I totally understand your feeling about the gypsy. I HATE IT, I can never figure out the sizing on it and non of the cuts come out right. Im in hopes that the new E2 will help me lean this feature with its new screen. Well see. I too ordered mine last night on HSN, my sweet honey bought it for me for my birthday present which is next week :) I hope I will like this new machine, I have concerns like you do but will put them on hold till I see it and am able to play with it.
Wishing us both luck...Hang in there :)

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

I totally understand you also, but I still ordered it this morning and plan on keeping it and hopefully loveing it.

Dayami said...

Congratulations on your new E2 and Happy Birthday! Hope you LOVE it!! Good luck!

Beandip said...

I thought I was the only one who hated the Gypsy. I have tried to many times, and I just don't like it. I still have the Cricut personal machine and have been waiting to upgrade to the Expression. For me, I think this is a good purchase, but I already had one, or an Imagine, there would be no point.

Teri Berrios said...

You go girl!!! I'm so proud of you!!! I didn't get it either - I don't need to have something just to say I HAVE IT ;) no way - not me. I LOVE my Gypsy and my Expression and they serve it's purpose besides, I LOVE to craft with so many other products and I'm happy with that. Chit chat soon!! Hugs, T

Denise said...

I have the Expression. It took a fall a few of months ago. I do have the DS which whenever I want to use my Expression I have to connect it to my laptop. It's so frustrating at times. So yes I got the Expression 2. My dear husband gave me the money for it. I TOO dislike the Gypsy. Let's see how this new machine works for me.

dendearmas@aol.com

Damaris said...

I will not be buying the E2. I have the E1 and hardly ever use it. I'm glad you realized what your true feelings were about it and were able to correct it. And hey, now you can use those $300-$400 for something else!!! =)

x0, Damaris

Dayami said...

Hey ladies! Thanks for awesome comments :) Love them all.
Teri, yes, I think the same, we own (thank you Jesus) so many products that we do use for our scrapbooking, etc. I use my Expression to make little cute stuff for my kid's school, or like those boxes I made last year stuff like that, the Expression has nothing to do with my scrapping so that is another reason why this purchase was totally unnecessary.
Denise & Annie I hope you guys love it and have lots of fun with it!

diana creations said...

I HAVE THE EXPRESSION AND THE GYSPY I DO LOVE THE GYSPY BUT Y BUY THAT E2 I WAS WATCHING HOW IT WORKS LAST NIGHT ON HSN I WILL PASS ON THAT ONE IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO LEARN HOW TO USE IT

Carrie O said...

What you said in your post is so true. I'm tired of being sucked in I'm going to try your approach that you said in yesterday's post. If I buy something I have to love it. No more buying just because I was sucked in.

Tara said...

I love that you posted this! I was shocked when I read that people had gone out and got one of coloured expressions just because they were well... coloured. As long as my plain ol' expression still works there will be no other! Who really needs more then one...do people actually use two at once!? I just love your straight forward attitude...so refreshing!
Tara

Cynthia said...

I would rather spend the money on the 12x12 Cameo. :)