Saturday, January 1, 2011

Some of 2010 pictures...

I bet by looking at these photos you would not guess that this has been one of the hardest years of my life. I have been pretty much silent since yesterday. For some reason I have been reflecting on so much. I've expressed "I hate 2010" to my hubby lots of times and I immediately feel guilty by saying that because I know that I am supposed to "be joyful always" as the bible clearly says it. But the truth is that this year has been a tough one for me and of course my family. Hubby and I have tried to keep it normal for the kids, it has been really hard. The truth is that I am so happy 2010 is gone!
I bet you also did not know that it got to the point that I could not walk. Literally. I could not sit, I could not stand. I thought I was going to die. I thought of my kids so much and what would happened to them.
The simple task of unfolding a diaper out of the box it was a major struggle for me. I would drive my son to school in tears. But I will leave it at that.
This post is about how even though I was going thru a very rough time I still managed to smile. My kids gave me the strength to go thru it. My husband was a blessing. He helped me thru it all and God, well, he is my King and is carrying me thru it all.
We did lots of things this year. Visited many places and took 2 vacations the last one was really good for all of us, I was feeling great and we were very thankful to God. Mia started to walk and talk. Cristian continues to be amazing. Hubby and I became really one this year. We have always loved each other but this year was really amazing for our marriage and I did something I almost never did. I totally depended on him. I have always been the one who would "control" the house, my kids, etc...Not this year. I could not do anything without him. It got us even closer, if that is even possible. We remodeled our kitchen and I chose antique WHITE! Never in a million did I ever think I would do that, ha! Actually, we have not finished. We still need our island and paint! Holy molly! I forgot about that!



























13 comments:

Sandra 365 Days Of Cricut said...

Your pictures are so beautiful! I feel like I can totally relate to what you said about 2010 being so hard it was really super hard for me too, and I also feel waaaaayyyy closer to my hubby! Bless their hearts for truly being there for us and never giving up! Happy New Year!

DomesticDiva said...

I thought I would share this with you.. I give up my career over almost 2 years ago due to chronic muscle spasms I was having in my back.. They would hit and I could not move or walk or even go to the bathroom for that matter without help from someone.. My boys were 2 and 4 and I was always a person who felt like I had to control it all as well.. Spotless house, Do everything for the kids, all the errands etc. which are all things I love to do! So to have this condition of not knowing when I was going to be able to move around or get up and down was so scary for me.. I had to give up my career even though our family depended on it and learn to ask for help when I needed it just to accomplish simple everyday tasks which was not easy for me.. I had surgery on my spine June of last year at the age of 29. It has helped some but the pain is always there everyday.. The last 2 years have been really hard for me to try to learn and live a new life style and all the adjustments that brings .. It was hard on my marriage because my husband is wonderful but he couldn't truly understand what I was feeling I describe it as hopelessness and over all just with drawn and sad that I wouldn't be able to give my kids the normal life I thought they needed.. Please don't think I'm whining or anything because I am not.. I have came to the conclusion that in the end I have gained these last two years with my kids and all of the special moments I would have missed if I was still working.. I have also learned to be more present with my family instead of focusing on making sure everything is "just perfect" and that it's not the material things we give our children that matter it's our time that they desire most.. So as 2010 was coming to an end I was looking for a way to focus my thoughts on things that would make me happy which is scrap booking and documenting everyday life which is the I ran across your videos and now your blog.. Anyway I just wanted to say thank you! You have inspired me and have also been a blessing to me.. Happy New Year!

Angela said...

Continue to let God be your strength. Look forward to 2011 because it is a new year. Let your family continue to grow closer. Cherish those great memories that you had this year & see that God has brought you though a lot. He's not done yet either. :) Have faith & keep believing!
Your kids are adorable. Great pics. Looking forward to what is ahead. Thanks for sharing your 2010 memories and challenges with us. Keep your head up!

Angela
Simple Creations

The6ofusinca said...

Oh my word. I am so very sorry for the pain you have suffered. What an amazing woman, mom and wife. Please do not forget the power of prayer, let us know when we need to pray for you honey, there is soooooooooo much power behind prayer and don't let the enemy silence you. He would like to have you suffer in silence, but we are warriors and we need to stick together and pray pray pray for each other.
We also had a very difficult 2010 in more ways then I care to mention, but in the end I have a much stronger relationship with Jesus, the love of my life and our children. I have learned that we absolutely have NO control, even when we want to soooo bad, we must trust in Him that He has a plan for each of us and it is mightier then we could ever imagine and we are NEVER alone, He so does not want us to suffer, physically or mentally, so remember to reach out to your blog family, we will be here for you. It is a blessing for people to help, to allow them to pray for you, they are also being blessed, so raise your head high, 2011 will be amazing!
Blessings always,
Jen
xoxoxo

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super photos! I hope you have a great New Year!

Debbie said...

What an amazing year, Dayami, a true testimony of God's love, grace, and provision. He is the God that came to set us free! I am so excited for this new year, so excited to see where God will take us, and the work that he is going to do through believers who pick up their cross and follow Him. Happy 2011!!!

diana creations said...

i could relate to you about to 2010 it wasnt good for me my health change am single mom scared if anything happened to me who would take care of my kids but i hope 2011 is a good one i had never had problems like this but i hope everything goes good for you and your family

Denise said...

Happy New Year to you. Dayi one bad thing happen to you this year but look at ALL the good things that happened. I don't know you as I read on your blog I can sincerely say "YOU ARE AS BEAUTIFUL IN THE INSIDE AS YOU ARE IN THE OUTSIDE". Con El SeƱor primero se puede todo. God Bless all you ladies! me too.

dendearmas@aol.com

Mari AKA Momo said...

Hello love! I am sorry I have not been around and commenting as often as I should. I just wanted to let you know that you are amazing! I may not know you personally but being able to stay strong and push through it for the kids makes you amazing! Somtimes in life things happen, it is not how you handle the situation but how you pick up and move forward. We all break down sometime... I love you amiga! XOXO Momo

Evelyn R Stamperly said...

All I could say is God bless you all and Dayi you are not alone. keep your faith and trust in him. Just think of the pain he has once been and what he is still feeling. Each time when I'm in pain I say this is for you my lord. Amen
Thank God you have a blessing family, most people today suffer alone. I thank our lord as long as I live for my blessing husband and family to be sooo supported. Like one of the ladies mention lot of prayers become so strong. I'll be praying for you.

Beebeebabs said...

Great family pictures thanks for sharing!!!

Sharon said...

Hoping this new year is the best one yet!

Live Love and Scrap said...

Here's to 2011!!!!!! LOVED looking at your pics...you have such a beautiful family!!!

hugs and God's blessings,
Sarah