Friday, July 24, 2009

Simple...

These are other layouts I've done of my precious baby girl. Dont have much time in my hands nowdays and *simple* is my favorite word right now. I had lots of fun on *be you* and it couldnt be any easier. I had bought these butterflies from Prima monthsss ago, thank God I bought more than 1 pack because I really love them. The decorative edge paper is also from Prima & the letters are from Mylittleyellowbicycle. Distressed the edges of the pp a bit and added a big Heidi Swapp flower and I was done. Oh and of course I did the foe stitching which I have been doing in practically all my pages for ages :) Love that look.
As you are probably able to tell, I have been trying different things. I found that if you cover the pp with stickles and rub it in (like *awesome* Jennifer McGuire teaches us on her videos) and then dry it with a heat gun, the pp will end up looking like a frosty/shimmery paper. It's like the heat melts the glitter. Now, Im not sure if putting ink to distress even more had anything to do with it. I was feeling very creative (how could you not with a lovely stormy weather like the one we had this morning) and was just trying to see what would come out of this mess.


























I did this summer layout for Mia's growing album. This is the Juicy Summer collection from Ki Memories and the little *palm* is from Michaels. They have tons and tons of wooden embellies like these for just a few cents and when I see a cute I buy it.
I think these make big, beautiful accents for the covers of albums. The 2nd picture is to show you that you can change the colors of the thicker letters from American Crafts if you need to. Just make sure that you spend a few seconds (about 10-15) drying it up with the heat gun because these letters will absorb the ink and if you are not careful you can ruin your page protector or make a mess. So dry it up.
Hope everyone has a FUN & creative weekend :)

1 comment:

Carrie's Craft room said...

I really love your layouts! Also glad to see you had time to play! It must be tough to do these days.